Prosthetics Making and Experimentation

 

Prosthetics Making and Experimentation:

15th February 2021:

Today I used my sculptures to create the rest of my prosthetics.

These are my right ear prosthetics:

These are my face and chin prosthetics: They will be separated before being put on the face.

These are my eyebrow prosthetics:

These are my nose prosthetics: 

17th February 2021:

Today I began experimenting with my prosthetics and loosely applied them to the face to get a vague idea of how they will look on the face. I applied an earpiece, cheek and nose piece to the face and practiced painting them.

This is the earpiece:

This ear prosthetic fit really well, however, the paint could be slightly more blended to prevent the colours appearing blocky.

This is the cheek piece:

The paint could have been slightly more blended, and I could use a smaller brush to shade the grooves as the lines are too thick.

This is the nose:



The nose fits really well but I could use cotton underneath to prevent it being so flimsy and I will paint the nose like I did on the right side as the paint was more blended.

I am aware that all of the prosthetics need to be blended into the skin more, but I have limited use of my right arm due to an injury, so I loosely applied them.

18th February 2021:

Today I did some more experimentation work on myself to decide which method I will use in the final look.

I practiced using the face cast prosthetic:



This didn’t fit my face correctly as it’s not moulded to my face, but it fit the shape of my face well and overall, the paint was well blended, but it still could’ve been blended more in certain areas and a smaller brush could’ve been used.

I then practiced the flat face prosthetic:



This didn’t work very well as it didn’t follow the shape of the face properly which meant the grooves couldn’t be seen properly so it looked extremely fake.

Finally, I practiced using just silicone:



This didn’t give me my desired result as the gaps between the silicone pieces were too big which meant it didn’t look accurate.

Overall, I received the best result from the face cast prosthetic so I will most likely use this for my final makeup with the silicone method as a second option.

I am aware that all of the pieces need to be blended into the skin more, but I have limited use of my right arm due to an injury, so I loosely applied them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research