Finishing Making Prosthetics & Makeup Practice

 

Finishing Making Prosthetics & Makeup Practice:

26th April 2021:

Today, I used my practical skills to create the flat moulds for the other eyebrow and the cheeks, using these I then made my prosthetics, I have decided to use silicone as I evaluated the uses of both and it blends into the skin a lot better, and it gives a more seamless and realistic finish than latex does as latex can often create little bumps when blending. After I created these prosthetics, I just needed to let the paint dry on my crown and all of the prep work is complete which shows excellent time management skills and organisation skills as I had followed the original timeline I had created, sometimes I was even ahead of schedule. These are the rest of the prosthetics:


27th April 2021:

As I had finished all of my prep work, I used my practical skills when I decided that I would practice my makeup to see if I would change anything and to see how my prosthetics fit on the face. These are the pictures of my practice:



Evaluation:

This makeup translated onto the face really well and looked how I had imagined it; grease and alcohol paints were used which means that the makeup would last longer if needed and there’s no chance of the makeup sweating off like aqua paints would which is very important for this look as any inconsistencies would be very obvious and would ruin the look. The colours were also the colours I had hoped for as it was a very vibrant red contrasted with the bright cobalt blue, the hair was also how I had imagined it as the curls weren’t too tight and the hair had lots of volume.

However, the edges of the prosthetics were too thick so they didn’t blend into the skin properly, this caused the edges to be extremely obvious and the paint clung to the edges so this meant that it was more obvious that it was makeup as this would be very obvious when photographed. The paint was also slightly patchy so I could add another layer of paint to prevent this when I complete my final makeup, I will also powder the look slightly more as it was shinier than I was hoping for which could cause the camera to catch the light and cause the face to become distorted on camera. 

When I complete my final makeup, I will add another layer of paint to prevent patchiness and I will powder it more to prevent shine. I have also made sure the edges of the prosthetics are thin and I have slightly hollowed the insides of the prosthetics so that they lay flat on the face so that I can demonstrate my blending skills well in the raw photos of my final makeup. The tears will be part of the final makeup; however, they weren’t part of this practice as the prosthetics didn’t lay flat so the silicone used for the tears would lay over the edges of the prosthetics which means they wouldn't give the realistic appearance needed for this look. I changed my design slightly as I loved the contrast of the blue and bright red, so I decided to include this in the snake print on the cheeks and the eyebrows as well as the symbol on the neck. I may also backcomb the hair slightly to add more volume around the top of the head for the crown, it wasn’t involved in this practice as the oil paint was still drying.

When I was completing this practice makeup, I demonstrated good health and safety skills as I had a clean and organized makeup bay, I also used the cut away method to make sure that no product was becoming contaminated. The makeup needs to be set out completely to prevent tripping hazards caused by bags on the floor and it's effective for the speed of completing the makeup as you won't need to keep getting products out of your makeup kit. Finally, I showed good communication skills by talking to my model and making sure she felt safe and comfortable, and I followed government COVID-19 guidelines by wearing a mask and visor when working and I also social distanced from other makeup bays.

This is what my crown looked like when I had painted it:


The makeup also took between 3 and 3 and a half hours and I will have between 3 and a half to 4 hours on the day of my final makeup which gives me time to add the tears and to backcomb the hair before the makeup is photographed, I demonstrated my time management skills by timing how long the makeup took to complete. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research