These are all of the sculpts I used to create flat moulds and prosthetics for my final major project, further explanations are included in the posts in the section dedicated to my fmp.
Seamless Silicone Cuts Evaluation: Makeup Design and Scenario: This makeup if for a TV series about the development of a serial killer. The vet continued to torture his wife while his mistress continued to laugh and take pictures. This is a photo of a a fresh, small laceration caused by a small knife and another laceration on the hand with exposed muscle when he decided to try human flesh. He removed a small section from the hand for it to be cooked and eaten. Makeup: Evaluation: The silicone is well blended which means the paint didn't cling to the edges which overall, makes the cut look more realistic, the blood work also helps trick the eye and the bruising is subtle. However, if I was to do this again I would add more blood to the cut with the exposed muscle to give a more realistic appearance. With this scenario, this makeup would be used in an 18 rated film or TV show, however, with a different scenario this makeup could be used in a PG13 or 15...
1920s Research: The 1920s was “the age of cinema” and it was also labelled as the roaring twenties and golden age of sports due to large groups of people paying to watch others play sports for the first time (NCPedia, No Date). Women also began to break the rules of society and they were given the name ‘flappers,’ these were women who were very energetic, and they were known for pushing the “barriers in economic, political and sexual freedom for women” (History, 2018). They went to jazz clubs and smoked cigarettes, openly drank alcohol, danced provocatively, and dated freely (Acting out theatre, 2013), society deemed this behaviour outrageous and possibly even dangerous, women also wore short skirts exposing their calves and bobbed their hair. Due to WW1 there was a difference in the number of men in comparison to women which meant that women had to compete for attention, thus making makeup more desirable. 1920s makeup (Pinterest, No Date) Makeup products were being ...
Finishing Making Prosthetics & Makeup Practice: 26 th April 2021: Today, I used my practical skills to create the flat moulds for the other eyebrow and the cheeks, using these I then made my prosthetics, I have decided to use silicone as I evaluated the uses of both and it blends into the skin a lot better, and it gives a more seamless and realistic finish than latex does as latex can often create little bumps when blending. After I created these prosthetics, I just needed to let the paint dry on my crown and all of the prep work is complete which shows excellent time management skills and organisation skills as I had followed the original timeline I had created, sometimes I was even ahead of schedule. These are the rest of the prosthetics: 27 th April 2021: As I had finished all of my prep work, I used my practical skills when I decided that I would practice my makeup to see if I would change anything and to see how my prosthetics fit on the face. These are the pic...
Comments
Post a Comment