Production 4 - Filmed Pantomime - Babes in the Woods

Production 4 – Filmed Pantomime – Babes in the Woods:

2nd December 2020:

Today was the last day of filming for the pantomime and I wanted to contribute to the makeups in some way as I was unable to do any other makeups as I was unwell but today I portrayed a can-do attitude and remained professional to do 2 makeups for the final scene. 4 actors needed their makeups doing today so Emily and I put ourselves forward to complete these makeups.

I used photographs of the looks that were completed by other makeup artists to make sure that the makeups looked the same for continuity purposes. I completed the makeup for Block and this makeup consisted of straight makeup with very rosy cheeks and some dirt on his face and neck.

When doing this makeup I used HD products as the makeup would be shown on camera and I also took into consideration the lighting as it would be filmed on stage meaning that the lighting would be artificial and very intense, this meant that I used a darker shade of foundation to prevent the face looking washed out and the makeup didn’t need to be too intense as it wasn’t shown from a far distance.


The base was flawlessly blended and even, and the blush was blended enough that it has a soft gradient into the skin around the edges rather than being harsh circles on the cheeks. The makeup was also intense enough to be seen from a short distance which means it worked on camera and the makeup worked under intense, artificial, and natural lighting. However, to improve the look I would blend the dirt patches a little bit more so that it wasn’t as intense.

I then completed the makeup for Penny, to recreate this look I looked at photographs to make the makeup look as similar as possible and this look consisted of a straight makeup with rosy cheeks and some fake freckles with a blue eyeshadow look and red lips.

When doing this makeup I used HD products as the makeup would be shown on camera and I also took into consideration the lighting as it would be filmed on stage meaning that the lighting would be artificial and very intense, this meant that I used a darker shade of foundation to prevent the face looking washed out and the makeup didn’t need to be too intense as it wasn’t shown from a far distance.



The base was flawlessly blended and even, and the blush was blended enough that it has a soft gradient into the skin around the edges rather than being harsh circles on the cheeks. The makeup was also intense enough to be seen from a short distance which means it worked on camera and the makeup worked under intense, artificial, and natural lighting. The lips were even, and the eyeshadow was well blended, however, to improve the look I would use more of an intense blue eyeshadow as it wasn’t as pigmented as I would’ve liked.

While doing these makeups I followed the government guidelines by wearing my medial mask and a visor, I also avoided touching the face with my hands as much as possible. I demonstrated good hygiene skills by keeping my makeup bay clean and organized and I used the cut away method when using the products. I also demonstrated good communication skills by making sure my performer felt safe and was comfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research