Production 6 - Filmed Pantomime

 Production 6- Helping first years – Filmed Pantomime:

3rd December 2020:

Today the makeup artists went into college as normal, but the first years were doing makeup for a filmed pantomime, they were very far behind schedule so me and a couple of the other second years put ourselves forward, I looked at the designs and completed a straight makeup. When doing this makeup, I used HD products as the makeup would be shown on camera and I also took into consideration the lighting as it would be filmed on stage meaning that the lighting would be artificial and very intense, this meant that I used a darker shade of foundation to prevent the face looking washed out and the makeup didn’t need to be too intense as it wasn’t shown from a far distance.


The base was flawlessly blended and even, and the makeup worked under intense, artificial, and natural lighting. When completing this makeup, I followed government guidelines by wearing a medical mask and visor and I avoided touching the face with my hands as much as possible. I also demonstrated good organizational and hygiene skills as I had a clean and tidy makeup bay, and I used the cut away method for every product that was used, I also demonstrated good communication skills by speaking to my performer to make them feel comfortable. Completing this makeup without any planning shows resilience, dedication, and flexibility.

I then completed the hair for one of the elves, this consisted of 2 French braids, I made the hair as neat as possible to prevent the lights picking up on any baby hairs which will show on the shadow and it will also show on camera and make the hair look messy. The baby hairs at the front of the hair could’ve been tamed to make the hair look neater but the actor was wearing a hat which covered the front of the hair. When completing this hairstyle, I followed government guidelines by wearing a medical mask and I also demonstrated good communication skills by speaking to my performer to make them feel comfortable. Completing this hairstyle without any planning shows resilience, dedication, and flexibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research