University Application and Grimsby Interview

 

University Application and Grimsby Interview:

After writing my personal statement in November 2020, I started to apply for university by filling in the application form on UCAS and I filled in as much information as possible on my own including my personal details, my qualifications, courses I was applying for, etc. I then sat with my mam to check over all of the information I had put in to make sure it was correct and to see if I needed to change anything and after checking over it, I paid for my application and sent it off on the 20th of November 2020. Overall, I found the application process quite easy as I followed the steps and advice given by Carol Race.



I applied for Bolton as my 1st choice and I applied for this course as it applied to me the most and helps us develop previous skills and teach us new skills such as making makeup work with CGI and creating bigger pieces. I then applied for Grimsby as my 2nd choice as it is still very appealing, however, there’s a lot more character-based work than at Bolton. I believe I have the practical skills for these courses as I have tried to develop my special effects skills as much as possible during college and at home during lockdown as I want to push myself and I have the dedication so I didn’t want to fall behind, therefore I bought the equipment I will need to create sculpts, casts and prosthetics. I also have the dedication, motivation, patience, and resilience that I’ll need for these courses. I am also a good listener and I am a very compassionate and educated person which makes it easy to talk to people while I’m doing their makeup as we can talk about a wide range of topics, I hope to be a head of department one day and I know that this is the next step I need to take to get there.

I received an email from Grimsby thanking me for my application and they requested a digital portfolio so I sent the link to my blog and my makeup Instagram account and explained that these are what I use as a digital portfolio, I was then offered an interview on the 20th of January 2021 and I was given lots of time to make sure this was ok and reassured that if there was a problem, I could let them know. During my interview, the woman was very easy to talk to and she made me feel comfortable about talking to her, she was asking me relevant questions and I had the opportunity to ask her any questions and when I did, she answered them to a very high standard. I was really happy with this interview and it reassured me about the reasons I chose this course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research