FMP Initial Theme Ideas

 

FMP Initial Theme Ideas Write Up:

18th March 2021:

Today I was given the brief for my FMP, the final project will be a calendar inspired by the Kryolan calendars; this will allow us to create our final pieces safely with Covid-19 meaning that we are unable to do a live show. Kryolan is a brand that sells industry grade makeup for tv and film, photography and stage, it began in the 1940s and started by selling makeup for stage and have expanded their range of products over the years. 

As this is a collaborative piece, it needs to work for everyone which means that the theme needs to be slightly flexible to allow editorial looks to be created as well as looks that are heavily prosthetic based while being cohesive. There’re only 11 students so 1 of the months will be a photo of the group which will showcase the artists behind the makeups. I read through the objectives and began to think of some ideas that interest me but also how it could work for other people.

As this is for a calendar, we will have to consider lots of things including lighting, poses, and backgrounds. We have opted to use a professional photographer rather than taking the photos ourselves as this will mean that the photos have a higher quality and the photographer will also have a higher knowledge of photography which means he will be able to advise us on what will suit our looks best, his experience and knowledge means he will also be able to edit the final photos to a higher standard than we can do ourselves and the editing will be more subtle which is important as if it's too obvious then it can take away from the details in the makeup we have created and the makeup in the photos may also look fake due to over editing if we were to do it ourselves. The calendar will also be sent out to schools and staff members which means that the makeup looks will need to be appropriate for younger children so the looks can’t be too graphic. This may also be sold to public which is a further reason that the photos need to be age appropriate for younger people. 

This is my FMP title page: 


I started to do a little bit of research on each of my ideas and wrote some notes from my own knowledge and the websites I accessed which were added when I created my moodboards. These are my initial notes:



Then I used my notes to create some moodboards for each topic:


I also wrote a script for when I would present these ideas, this script included details of my ideas and how it could work for everyone. These are the notes of what I said: 

24th March 2021:

Today I presented my 3 initial ideas and I was confident and enthusiastic when presenting, we then discussed them as a group. The group really liked my ideas, but we decided that it would be difficult to make the calendar cohesive if one of these was picked for the theme, after getting the decision down to 2 options, zodiac signs and space, we all finally decided on zodiac signs as a group, after deciding on this we then made the decision between the Chinese zodiac and the Western zodiac and we finally decided on the Western zodiac. We chose zodiac signs because it gave lots of opportunities and kit was available for everyone while being very cohesive and we chose the Western zodiac as it is a lot broader than  the Chinese zodiac so there's lots more information available and it's a lot more versatile. The zodiac sign I am basing my look on is Scorpio, I asked for this sign as I have some prior knowledge of the zodiac so I am aware of some things I could do for this look and pieces I could create.

I really wanted this sign as I thought it would be exciting and my mam is a Scorpio, when we decided who would do which sign, I was very passionate, and I pushed for this sign. This is also when I chose my model, I wanted my model to have long hair and dark hair which is one of the main reasons I picked Caitlin to be my model. I also picked her because I think her face is very symmetrical and I thought that the ideas I initially had would work well on her face, she’s also very confident and natural in front of a camera so she would be able to pose confidently when my final look is photographed. 

This is a photo of my model: 

We then demonstrated good communication skills as we started to discuss the timeline up until the week we will be completing the final makeup, what we will be doing each week and who will be completing their final makeup on which days, Caitlin and I then demonstrated excellent leadership skills as we took the lead when creating this, but we had input from the whole group and decided on the timetable as a group. We agreed that the timetable for completing the final makeup could be changed if needed as it was a rough idea. We also discussed who would complete each zodiac sign and which month these would be assigned to:


I further demonstrated leadership skills by typing up the timeline and I created a copy for the group folder, a copy on display and also a digital copy that was put into a chat on Teams specifically for our FMP. This is the timetable:

After creating the timetable, I began making some notes for my research so that I can create a written research piece about Scorpios. These are my notes:



These are the websites I used to gain this information:

https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com/zodiac-signs/scorpio/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/invertebrates/facts/scorpions

https://horoscopes.lovetoknow.com/Scorpio_Symbol

https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Zodiac/Scorpio/scorpio.html

https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com/history/scorpio/

I then created a page for Scorpio to start all of my design work and moodboards for this:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research