Developed Ideas Presentation and Evaluation

 

Developed Ideas Presentation and Evaluation:

19th April 2021:

Today I used my communication skills to present my developed design:

I also discussed experimentation from the previous week and how this influenced my developed design:



This is a hard copy of my script that was used when presenting my developed design and my experimentation: 

These are the notes of what I said during my presentation: 

For my developed design I decided to change some elements completely, the stinger in the hair has been changed to a crown of stingers which represents the animal, and it includes another positive personality trait which is that Scorpio’s are good leaders. There’re also 8 stingers because 8 is one of the lucky numbers for a Scorpio. I also changed the mouth to include another personality trait; this is that scorpios can be very secretive so the zip represents that, I still wanted to have the contrast of the red skin and bright blue so the zips blue, I’ve decided to attach an actual zip rather than a prosthetic zip for ease and because there’s already so many prosthetics on the face but a nylon zip will be used to reduce the chance of nipping that a metal zip could provide.

I’ve also decided to use silicone on its own with glycerin over it to give it shine rather than adding any pigment because when I experimented with it, I really liked how the blue and white marbled together looked but I didn’t feel like it would represent the emotions as much if it looked more like the waves and water.

I’ve started to make prosthetics and I need to apply a silicone one to compare it and see which one I prefer but this is what it looked like when I applied a latex prosthetic and painted it, the paintwork for the symbols a little bit messy in these photos but it will be a lot cleaner when I do it on someone else.

I practiced using different products on the lips as well, but I have changed my design so it’s not as relevant, but this is the blue colour that I want my zip to be to contrast with the bright red skin.

I also had some inspiration from ‘Maleficent’ and her high cheekbones, she’s such a headstrong character and I feel as though this is also shown in Scorpios, so I wanted to do something similar, and I decided to add a snake print to the top side of the cheeks to incorporate this aspect as well.

As this is for a calendar, I didn’t want to use wax for any of the sfx work as I didn’t want to risk the chance of it melting under the lights or moving during the process, I decided that silicone prosthetics would be best because I prefer working with it over latex and there’s no latex bald cap that could possibly melt if it came into contact with the silicone. 

This means that alcohol paints would be used to paint it, but I need to experiment with finding a red eyeshadow that matches the shade of alcohol paint as it could be dangerous to put alcohol paint this close to the eyes, if I am unable to do it, grease paints can be used, and they won’t come off if my model starts to sweat like aqua paints would.

The edges would also need to be seamless to prevent them showing up on camera, this will also prevent the paint sticking to the edges and making it obvious that it’s makeup, and it will all have to be powdered to prevent any shine from the prosthetics causing inconsistencies in the makeup and it will prevent the lights making the makeup appear distorted.  

When I gave my presentation, I was confident, I spoke clearly, and I made my points clear which demonstrates good communication skills and also organisational skills.

When I practiced my latex neck prosthetic, I demonstrated my practical skills and then I evaluated how it applied and if it would be used for my final look:

When I practiced my latex neck prosthetic, I demonstrated my practical skills and I think it applied very well and it was blended well which prevented the edges being visible and it prevented the paint clinging to the edges. The grease paint gave an even layer of colour which helped it look like part of the skin as there were no patches of concentrated colour, however, the sponge used to apply the latex created lots of bumps which gave a different texture to the skin and may be a problem when creating the final look as this texture would be very obvious on camera and it will make it obvious it's makeup which will ruin the illusion of the makeup so I won't be using this for my final look. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research