Production 7 - Short Film

 Production 5 - Short film

18th May 2021:

We did not have any planning for this short film, Drew and I were asked to complete this makeup as we are very experienced in casualty effects and we could complete this makeup to a high standard without any planning. I demonstrated my communication skills by asking the film students when they were filming and what they were hoping this slit throat would look like, we then demonstrated teamwork skills as Drew sculpted the slit throat and then I painted it and added blood. This is the slit throat: 


This makeup worked as the edges of the silicone were well blended which prevents the paint clinging to the edges and alcohol paints were used which means they will last longer as they won’t be affected by water as much as aqua paints would be. 

Only the neck would be shown on camera so we didn't need to complete a HD makeup on the face and when completing this makeup, I followed government guidelines by wearing a medical mask and visor and I avoided touching the face with my hands as much as possible. I also demonstrated good organizational and hygiene skills as I had a clean and tidy makeup bay, and I used the cut away method for every product that was used, I also demonstrated good communication skills by speaking to my performer to make them feel comfortable. As we hadn't planned for this look, we didn't have our kits so we had to use the products available at college and completing this makeup without any planning shows resilience, dedication, and flexibility. 

We also didn't have chance to make a prosthetic which means that we had to use out of the kit techniques to complete this look which can make it very hard to recreate and this could cause continuity errors so we took lots of progress pictures to ensure this can be recreated easily. These are some pictures of the steps: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Makeup Evaluation

The Tudors and The Restoration Research

1940s Research